You hate the hassle and mess of unclogging a drain or toilet, right? Perfect – now, hold that thought as we demonstrate how to speed up the process with less mess and better results.
1. Pour most of a cup of baking soda down a clogged drain, holding a little in reserve to sprinkle over the drain net or removable strainer.
2. Prepare a cup of white vinegar but, before pouring it down the drain, heat it up in your microwave oven. Just be careful not to overheat it. By the way, as you heat the vinegar, it’s helping to clean the inside of the microwave.
3. Pour the heated vinegar down the drain. Once combined with the baking soda, it will immediately bubble, signaling that the drain clog will soon be conquered – at least, that’s the goal.
4. Let the baking soda and vinegar sit for at least five minutes so your drain clearing solution can achieve maximum results.
5. After that, pour a tea kettle full of steaming hot water down the drain.
Will this simple 5-step process work every time? Not likely. But it will work more often than not, especially if your drainpipes are not overly clogged with hardened grease and all the food particles it’s capable of trapping.
For all those times when you need outside help, Plumbtastic Plumbing & Rooter has the training, skill, experience, and equipment to finish the job to your complete satisfaction. It all starts with a guaranteed price quote and ends with our customer satisfaction guaranteed. Have a problem now? Then give us a call and watch the problem disappear right before your very eyes.