When your household plumbing is in great shape, you no doubt look for other things to complain about. Kids home late from school, your favorite TV show pre-empted by a news special, no more ice cream even though you’re craving it…there’s ALWAYS something to complain about.
Well, here at Plumbtastic, we do our best to prevent plumbing complaints, too. And the only effective way to do that is by preventing home plumbing problems.
That, in fact, is the whole point of our preventive maintenance service. For best results, maintenance should be performed once a year. Here’s what that gets you:
- Fewer and less costly repairs
- Longer equipment lifespan
- Added home and personal safety
- Greater peace of mind
While we focus our attention on preventing problems, we also can spot small problems we know will only get worse. So, by fixing them sooner than later, you save money and avoid great big hassles.
Here are just a few of the steps included in ours:
- Check for exposed pipe leaks.
- Check for soft or damp areas on floors, ceilings, or walls that could indicate hidden water leaks.
- Inspect for signs of corrosion that could indicate water quality or pipe issues.
- Check your water heater for gas or water leaks, signs of corrosion, and more.
- Check your drains above and below the sink for leaks and clogs. Turn on all faucets to ensure none are leaking from the handles or valves.
- Inspect washing machine hoses for cracks, brittleness or leaking. Washing machine hoses are usually made of reinforced rubber, which can lose resiliency causing them to burst as they get older.
- Check water pressure as low pressure could mean you have sediment build-up in the faucet or showerhead. It also can be a sign of a problem in the water line.
During our inspection, we’ll address any specific concerns or questions you might have and report our findings. So, give your plumbing the treatment it deserves – for your sake – and contact Plumbtastic today.