They say there are only two things in life that are certain (you know what they are)? Boy, did “they” ever miss the boat on that one!
The fact is, there are many things that are certain in life. Take your home drains and toilets, for example. As in, if you live in your home long enough, sooner one or more of them is going to clog up. That’s just the way plumbing sometimes go.
Let’s say, for example, you’re dealing with a clogged kitchen sink drain right now, and getting nowhere fast in the unclogging department. Here’s how to unclog it with a plunger:
- Partially fill your sink with water.
- If you have two sinks, cover the drain in one of them to create more plunging pressure with the other.
- Make sure the plunger completely covers the clogged drain.
- Vigorously plunge the drain a number of times, and then remove the plunger to see if the clog is gone. If not, give it at least a few more tries before going to plan B.
Plan B, by the way, involves the following step-by-step process:
- Mix a half cup of distilled white vinegar with the same amount of baking soda and pour it down the drain.
- Cover the clogged drain to enhance the fizzing action of the mixture.
- Let it sit for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Remove the drain cover and pour a tea kettle full of boiling water down the drain. If that doesn’t work, try the entire process one more time.
Both of the above are highly effective most (but not all) of the time. When you can’t go it alone, Plumbtastic is ready and able to jump in and lend a helping hand, with your 100% satisfaction guaranteed. Contact us now or anytime for clogged drain or toilet problems, large or small.