Perhaps you don’t hate cleaning your bathroom, but chances are you don’t exactly look forward to it either. Well, that places you among the majority of home owners we know.
So, the trick is to make bathroom a little less tedious, and a whole lot faster. And we have just the bathroom cleaning tips to help make that happen:
- Remove all items that simply don’t belong in the bathroom and find a home for them elsewhere. That includes moving dirty clothes to the laundry room, jewelry to the jewelry box, shoes to the closet, and so on.
- Throw away anything and everything that you no longer use or that’s already expired, including make-up, sunscreen, and prescription medicines.
- Separate everyday items from those that used less often. Then group all items according to type and frequency of use, and place them together for ease of access either in drawers or baskets.
- Clear the countertops before you start cleaning. Then, spray a green (chemical-free) bathroom cleaner in the shower and tub, on the countertops, and in the toilet. Let the cleaner “get to work” on those surfaces while you sweep the floors and clean the mirror. Wipe down the counters, scrub the toilet, and then the shower.
- While you’re cleaning, identify obvious problem areas, such as:
- Toothbrushes everywhere? Place them in a plastic cup for easy access and less clutter.
- Bathtub littered with toys? You can erase that visual clutter by purchasing a net with suction cups designed to store tub toys in one place.
- Makeup, jewelry, and hair styling tools taking over the counter? Maybe you have space outside the bathroom to store them.
- Now, there’s a much easier way to clean your grout. Using a Clorox bleach pen, wipe along the walls and anywhere else grout is looking dirty or housing mold. Let the bleach sit for at least five to ten minutes. Then, wipe away the bleach and grime with a damp cleaning towel.
- Keep a few cleaning products in the bathroom for low maintenance cleaning. Sanitizing wipes, a toilet scrubber, glass cleaner, and extra small trash bags make a great cleaning kit that fits nicely in a bucket or caddy.
We hope one or more of these bathroom cleaning tips prove to be useful. We also hope you’ll think of Plumbtastic anytime you have a home plumbing need…inside your bathroom or anywhere else in your home. If that day is today, contact us now for the professional service we know you expect.