What if we told you there was a magic potion that could help you be healthier, feel better, look younger, and maybe even lose weight. If you’re like most people, you’re probably intrigued but wondering “what’s the catch?” Well, there is one. You have to drink it about 8 glasses a day.
We’re talking about water. Hardly magical, but its health benefits are amazing. So grab a tall glassful, maybe add a squeeze of lemon or lime, and enjoy as you read how drinking enough water can help improve your health.
- Many people mistake thirst for hunger. So if you’re trying to drop a few pounds, try drinking water before your meal or when you’re craving a snack.
- Feeling sluggish? Have a glass of water. When we get even slightly dehydrated, we might feel tired, lazy, and even cranky.
- Cartilage – the material that coats our bones and keeps our joints moving smoothly – is about 85% water. Drinking water helps keep joints from feeling achy and stiff.
- Drinking water can help prevent and even treat a headache, which is a common sign of dehydration.
- Drinking water before, during, and after a workout helps you perform better by increasing muscle strength.
- Water helps flush out waste products from the kidneys and liver, and keeps us “regular”.
- A refreshing glass of water may help you concentrate. One study actually found that students who brought water to exams actually performed better.
- Going out on the town? Have a glass of water alongside each alcoholic beverage you consume to help offset dehydration and take the edge off the morning-after hangover.
- You don’t need to spend a fortune on beauty products to look great. Water helps flush toxins from your body, resulting in healthy skin, hair, and nails.
At the same time, not all water is equally clean and healthy. In fact, more than 90% of all US households have some degree of water contamination, even though most of that is of minor significance. But often times, pollutant levels are high enough to warrant a professional water filtration solution, the kind you can depend on from Plumbtastic. Click here to read more.