Of all the problems you could have with your home water supply, hard water is probably the most common, and yet poses no direct health risks.
That’s the good news, but you’re not out of the woods yet. Because if you have hard water, it could be costing you hundreds of extra dollars per year.
First, let’s look at the most common hard water symptoms:
- Rust-colored stains in your sinks and tubs
- Difficulty in making suds
- Needing to run your washing machine or dishwasher more than once for the same load
- Dull, lifeless hair
- Itchy skin
- Lime deposits on plumbing fixtures, pipes, tea kettles, and more
- White scaly deposits inside your pipes, too, where you can’t see them
- You can already guess how the each of these hard water conditions could be costing you extra money, but let’s identify of the few added expenses anyway:
- Plumbing repairs and replacement
- Extra wear and tear on your washing machine and dishwasher
- Extra money spent on laundry and personal soap supplies
- Tons and tons of wasted water, too
And now for the good news: Plumbtastic can make your hard water conditions disappear – and fast – with a whole-house water softener. A water softener removes the excess minerals – especially calcium and manganese – that cause hard water in the first place. Then, all of a sudden, all your cleaning efforts will show improved results and consume less time. Not to mention how much better your hair will look and skin will feel.
To learn more or schedule an in-home water quality consultation, contact the water quality specialists at Plumbtastic today.